July 15-22, 2006
Evald Okas Museum
Karja 24, Haapsalu, Estonia
Our symposion is held at the museum dedicated to a renowned Estonian painter Evald Okas. Glassblowing takes place in the open air studio in the museum yard.
During one week, participating artists have a chance to use the glassblowing furnace, and to create a piece for the White Glass show that follows the workshop.
The exhibition opens July 22 at the museum.
We would welcome your presentations, slide shows etc. – bring pictures with you!
– Open-air studio, roofed, without walls.
– The furnace contains 80 kg of glass.
– The glass ranges from milky white to striped to clear (depending on how long it’s been in the furnace)
– Maximum thickness for cast pieces is 6 cm.
The museum would like to choose one piece from every participant for its permanent collection.
– very comfortable hotels in Haapsalu;
– a bit less comfortable rooms at the Evald Okas Museum.